High-Quality Massage Therapy School Around Southfield MI
Become a Massage Therapist at Southfield MI's Most Prominent Massage School
In today's fast paced society, physical and emotional stress can easily present itself. A well trained massage therapist is equipped to relieve that strain. By understanding how different parts of the body work together, a talented therapist can relieve the pressures of everyday life in addition to a multitude of health challenges. Such an important duty, however, cannot be carried out by just anyone, which is why students must be well trained to become a massage therapist. Irene's Myomassology Program offers just such training. Located in Southfield, Michigan, we provide South East Michigan residents the information they need for a successful massage career.
Irene's Holistic Approach to Massage Therapy Training
In training future therapists, Irene's Myomassology Program prepares you for a successful massage therapy career along with all its rewards and opportunities. We offer a comprehensive education including:
- Unmatched Hands-on Skills - Many of the techniques you learn at Irene's are unlike any other. Based on her decades of experience, research and intuitive talent, Irene created a multitude of methods to help her clients to heal. These are all contained in her textbook.
- Massage Practice - Your massage classes provide demonstrations and extensive opportunities to practice the techniques on your partner. You get the added bonus of receiving massage every week, so that you will know what the techniques feel like as well! During your classroom practice, teachers are always present to guide you by offering tips and answering questions.
- Anatomy & Physiology - Training in anatomy and physiology is a necessity for a massage therapist. By the time you graduate you will have a thorough knowledge of the body's muscles, bones, and how the systems function.
- Communications & Business Practices - It is crucial to have good communication skills to build and maintain a successful massage practice. In your professional development classes, you learn the skills necessary to acquire employment and key strategies on marketing yourself to establish a clientele.
- Intriguing Electives - In addition to the arsenal of techniques you learn in your core curriculum, Irene's offers 40 different elective subjects to choose from. You can take classes in Myofascial Release, Shiatsu, Reiki, Aromatherapy, Sports Massage, Prenatal Massage and even Canine Massage. With these fun classes, you will be able to tailor your education to your own interests.
Our training is not limited to the classroom. By practicing in a professionally run on-site clinic, you gain first hand experience working on the public under the supervision of faculty members. Additionally, you will participate in community outreach by attending school sponsored events in which you are given the opportunity to perform massage at health fairs and charity events. This allows you to test your new skills in the real world and prepare yourself to work professionally as soon as you graduate.
Financial Aid, Scholarships, Flexible Schedules & Lifetime Job Placement.
For Irene's Myomassology Program, we offer a scholarship and financial aid for students who qualify. We are happy to help you complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Our Kempley Massage Scholarship provides up to $2,000 for qualified students who submit completed applications. Irene's is also available to assist those eligible to receive veteran's educational benefits.
In today's fast paced society, it can be challenging for students to gain an education. Understanding this, Irene's massage classes provide flexible schedules allowing students to work full-time while in school. Day or evening classes are available.
Irene's lifetime job placement services assist graduates in finding employment to match their professional goals. The excellent reputation of Irene's graduates is a result of our comprehensive curriculum and the high quality instruction we provide. This reputation allows us to maintain relationships with many of the best employers in Michigan. Every year, we host an exclusive Career Fair with employers eager to hire our alumni!